IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors
The IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors course is approved by the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) and is intended for those who have overall operational or strategic accountability for an organisation, responsibility for determining and implementing effective safety and health management, and monitoring its success.
The IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors course is valid for directors, executive officers and senior managers across all sectors and industries. This course is intended for all organisations and replaces the IOSH Safety for Senior Executives and IOSH Directing Safely courses as of August 2016.
Completing the IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors course will enable you to:
- Explain the importance of safety and health at top management level
- Illustrate how to plan the direction for safety and health through, developing and implementing a safety and health policy
- Explain the value of an efficient safety and health management system
- Explain the positive impact of health and safety culture through effective leadership
- Describe the importance of setting key performance indicators and targets
Key Topics Include:
- The moral, legal and financial case for effective health and safety management
- Plan, Do, Check, Act model (HSG65)
Frequently Asked Questions
At the conclusion of the course delegates are required to undertake a 30 minute written assessment based on the course content.
Delegates who successfully complete this assessment at the end of the course are awarded the IOSH Certificate in Safety for Executives and Directors.
Each delegate will be issued with a workbook to assist them both during and after the course which will contain information, guidance and forms to assist directors and executives. The course is designed to be interactive, allowing delegates the opportunity to develop their skills with the support of the course tutor.
Scheduled Open Courses
There are no hidden extras to pay on top of our health and safety training course prices, unlike other providers who charge extra for things like study books and exam fees. Our IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors courses have the following included in the course cost:
- IOSH Workbook to Take Away and Keep
- IOSH Exam Fees
- IOSH Certificate Fees
- Lunchtime Buffet
- Refreshments Throughout The Day
- Free All-Day Car Parking
Nottingham5 Wheatcroft Business Park, Landmere Lane, Edwalton, Nottingham, NG12 4DG
All of our Nottingham health and safety courses are held at the same location as our head office. The comfortable training suites (which are situated on ground level, as well as the toilet facilities, making them wheelchair-friendly) are fully air conditioned with natural daylight. Plentiful all-day free car parking is also available.